Imagine: walking into your very own fitness center and being met with not only state-of-the-art exercise machines and amenities, but also by a vibrant, energetic staff of personal trainers who are all focused on one thing: you! That’s the feeling you get when you walk into the fitness center at Waterstone at the Circle. Active, independent seniors can get the experience of a five-star gym designed specifically to their needs – and best of all, no gym membership required!
“As part of our mission to help seniors live a vibrant lifestyle in downtown Boston, we have partnered with Train Boston® to help create an experience that’s unlike any other in the area,” says Jake Quigley, Executive Director of Waterstone at the Circle, a luxury independent living community in the heart of Boston at the crossroads of Beacon Street and Chestnut Hill Avenue. “Train Boston is our area’s premier training and physical therapy center, and we’re thrilled with this partnership that will provide our independent living residents with a place where health meets fitness.”
The Benefits of Exercise for Aging Adults
We all know that exercise is good for us. But do you know why it’s good for us? A regular fitness routine helps seniors boost their energy, protect their hearts and manage symptoms of illness. This is even more important as we age, because staying healthy allows us to maintain our independence as much as possible. Here are just some of the full-body benefits of a regular exercise routine:
- Helps you maintain or lose weight. Our metabolism slows down as we age, so regular exercise is essential to help boost metabolism, build muscle mass and burn calories.
- Helps you avoid health complications. Exercise improves our immune and digestive systems, as well as keeps our blood pressure and bone density at good levels. Regular exercise also lessens your risk of serious health issues like diabetes, heart disease, obesity, certain cancers and even dementias like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Enhances flexibility, mobility, and balance. Falls are a huge problem for older adults. Regular exercise improves your strength and posture as well as gives you more flexibility. This, paired with strength training, will help you be more mobile and sure on your feet. (It can also help with chronic joint conditions like arthritis.)
- Improves your sleep patterns. A good night’s sleep does more than keep you bright eyed and bushy tailed. It’s also important for your overall health and wellness. By exercising regularly, you’ll fall asleep more quickly, have a deeper sleep and wake up feeling better than ever.
- Improves your mood and boosts self-confidence. When we exercise, our brain produces endorphins, which helps reduce stress and makes us feel happier. Really! Endorphins can actually help reduce depression, anxiety and feelings of sadness. Staying active and feeling strong will also boost your self-confidence.
- Keeps your brain healthy and active. Yes, exercises actually have enormous beneficial effects on your brain. Staying physically active helps brain functions like creativity and multitasking and can also help prevent cognitive decline and memory loss.
The Train Boston® Difference
There are many fitness and therapy centers available in the Boston area, but only one that stands out from the rest because of its integrative, collaborative, safe and exceptional approach to health and wellness, says Jake.
“We approached Team Boston to form this partnership because of their excellent history and extremely high standards for staff,” he says. “Their resume is impressive, having worked with the Atlanta Hawks, LA Clippers, New England Patriots and even the 1996 Olympic team. But what really drew us to them is their collaborative approach. They choose only the most highly talented trainers and therapists for their team, and everyone focuses on helping each individual attain their best level of personal health and wellness.”
How Waterstone at the Circle Brings Wellness to Residents
All personal training, exercise and therapy sessions are held at Waterstone at the Circle’s luxury fitness center, to which residents have complimentary access. It boasts a heated indoor pool, just about every exercise machine you could ever want and a full roster of group exercise classes – as well as personal training sessions.
Train Boston® Fitness & Aquatic Instructors are on staff daily to help independent living residents personalize their routines in order to make workouts safe and effective. The staff also leads group aqua aerobics, tai chi and other classes where socialization opportunities and a great atmosphere make exercising not just rewarding – it’s also fun!
“We know that many of our residents already get regular exercise and enjoy staying in shape,” says Jake. “However, for residents who are ready to start a new, healthier chapter in their lives, there’s no better place to come than Waterstone at the Circle! Our Train Boston® partners will help all our residents, no matter what their fitness level, achieve a new level of wellbeing and performance.”
It Starts with You
Everybody (and everybody) is unique, which means that a cookie-cutter approach to health and wellness isn’t up to our standards. When you start your fitness journey with Waterstone at the Circle and Train Boston®, you’ll benefit from a unique, medically-based approach that combines eastern and western techniques as well as a full team of premier physical therapists, personal trainers and athletic performance coaches.
While group exercises are always enjoyable, you can really up your game by taking personal training sessions with the staff. During your first session, a trainer will talk with you to discuss your health, your wellness goals and any weaknesses that are preventing you from doing as much as you like. Then a unique, personalized plan will be developed that will help you get where you want to be, efficiently and safely.
“Seniors, even active seniors, have unique health needs that need to be accommodated, and the Train Boston® staff is experienced in helping know how to encourage optimum performance while being respectful to your body and its abilities,” says Jake.
If you’d like to learn more about our partnership with Train Boston®, or if you’re wondering how a luxury retirement community like Waterstone at the Circle can help you live a vibrant, active and fulfilled life, contact us today at 617.431.1880.
Luxury Senior Living in Boston
Waterstone at the Circle, located in Boston’s historic Cleveland Circle neighborhood, is more than just independent living in Boston … it’s a sophisticated urban setting for today’s active seniors. Enjoy best-in-class service and a vibrant lifestyle with arts and cultural, and historical attractions right outside your front door. From high-end amenities to gourmet dining and more, experience the best of city and suburban life at our upscale senior living community located on the crossroads of Brookline and Chestnut Hill.
Elegant Independent Living Apartments
Each of our 92 independent living apartments is the height of luxury and modernity, with sophisticated design, upscale features and stunning views of the city. Create the urban senior living experience you want with one- or two-bedroom apartments, a variety of floor plans and monthly rentals.
Senior Living Supportive Services
As an over-62 community, residents may require support from time to time. That’s why we’ve developed an on-site coordinated care program, in cooperation with our premier community partners, that allows our independent living residents to receive the assistance they need.
The best part? Residents don’t have to leave our senior living community – or even their apartment – to receive high-quality support. They can receive the services they need, when they need it, in the comfort of their own homes or in our on-site therapy gym.
Waterstone at the Circle is the opposite of retiring. . . it’s a place to enhance your active, on-the-go lifestyle. Call 617.431.1880 for more information or to schedule a visit to our vibrant Boston independent living community and discover The Circle lifestyle today!